Life Center Academy recognizes that the God-given responsibility for the education of children rests with the parents (Deuteronomy 6:6-9). The purpose of Life Center Academy is to be an extension of the family and should assist and complement the parents in that responsibility.
The Bible is the foundation for the education of our children. From the Scriptures we understand that God desires certain principles, beliefs and values to be developed in our children. These include:
- The view that all knowledge is to be interpreted from a Biblical perspective. All academic subjects are to be taught with an understanding of the absolute standards of truth that God has established. (2 Timothy 2:15)
- Respect for authority (Romans 13:1; Hebrews 13:17). One's view of authority directly influences his/her concept of God.
- The meaning of true success and how it is achieved (Joshua 1:8; Proverbs 22:6). The key is for each person to discover what God's will is for himself/herself, and then to do it through developing the traits that are good and correcting those that are not.
- The personal acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior (John 3:3). Salvation is essential for success in any area of Christian education.
- Respect for the rights of others (Luke 6:31). Following the Golden Rule helps improve relationships.
- Personal integrity (Psalm 1:1, 2; Ephesians 4:29). Honesty and truth are to be upheld at all times.
- Productivity and the desire to always do one's best (Ecclesiastes 9:10; 2 Timothy 2:15). A healthy work ethic has application in so many areas of life.
- Personal conviction and Christian witness (James 4:17; Matthew 5:16; 28:19, 20). Being willing to take a stand for the cause of right and declare the Gospel of Jesus Christ in word and deed is much needed in today's world.
- Holding to the traditional family structure (Genesis 2: 24). God's plan for the family is still one man and one woman for one lifetime.
- Moral purity (1 Corinthians 3: 16, 17; 6:19, 20). Since our bodies belong to God, we must refrain from any act that would defile or degrade them, and maintain personal health and hygiene in order to strengthen them.
- Patriotism (Romans 13:6-8). Love and respect for America and those who have sacrificed to preserve our freedom is the duty of each one who lives in a nation so blessed of God. This attitude coupled with prayer for our country (2 Chronicles 7:14) is vital to keeping our nation strong.
No Events Scheduled
No Events Scheduled